Python is becoming an increasingly popular and important language to learn, especially if you are interested in computational/experimental approaches to linguistic questions. Here I have collected some resources that are great for Python beginners:
- Python course on Codeacdemy (very basic)
- Two courses on MITx:
- Python Tutor: visualizing your code
- The Python Challenge: a fun way to learn the language!
- R vs. Python: plus Free books!
- Python for Linguists: a handout by Dirk Hovy
- Python for Linguistics: a book by Ron Zacharski
- Available tutorials
- Programming for linguists: a course offered by Stanford
- Python and Computational Linguistics: a YouTube tutorial
- Stuff from a corpus linguistics course I took at NASSLLI 2018, which uses Python